Remember when I set my goals for 2021? Well now’s the time to do a mid-year check-in and see how things are going.
Number 1: Make 5 New Craft Pieces
Are we talking about 5 craft projects TOTAL? Yes! This goal is achieved.
But are we talking about the specific craft projects I wrote for myself to do? No.
See, I wanted to make…
- a kitty-sized sweater for BreeBree (why? Because she’s neurotic and wants hugs ALL THE TIME. I thought a kitty sweater would help)…
- a patchwork skirt…
- a bikini top made from upcycled T-shirts…
- a crochet shawl covered in crochet donuts and cookies (why? I was inspired by a shawl I saw in the live-action The Grinch movie)…
- and a scrapbook for my graduations. I’ve had these graduation keepsakes for 10+ years and I want to put them in a book instead of a box.
Those first 3? Those are done. I even made 2 bikini tops. The shawl base is also done, but now it needs cookies and donuts.
Number 2: Make 5 Videos that are NOT Live Streams
Honestly, I dropped this goal. Would I love to make animatics? Absolutely. But I need to study how to make animations in Clip Studio Paint. I have no idea what I’m doing.
Number 3: Make 5 Large Prints
I have finished 1 print so far!
Unfortunately, 2 prints had to be put on hold because they need more work than I expected. The Cryptid of Leaves print is more of a time-sink than I thought because of all the details. The Fighting Game roster I want to draw will require more research and character mock-ups.
So 1 print is done. But that leaves 4 left to do.
I have 2 other ideas in mind. Both are for personal projects. We’ll see how that pans out.
Number 4: Make 5 Books
Slow and Steady wins THIS race!
The book I’m designing for Sean…all of it is edited! Now comes actually putting it into PDF form.
But while we’re here…
I’m thinking of NOT doing Inktober this year.
2020 threw off those plans. As for this year? I’m thinking of not doing Inktober. Because I would LOVE to get the Roxie comics I did for Validation into a book. Those…and Tiny Unicorn.
Number 5: Make 5 Minicomics
HOT DANG, this took a minute to figure out WHAT minicomics I wanted to make.
For this goal, here’s what I want to make:
- The Legend of Azu-Mi (for KickStarter backers)
- The Character Compendium (a personal project I talk about sometimes on Instagram)
- A Mr. Dino story
- A Kitties By Kelci story
- And a NEW art sketchbook zine
I have a LOT of zines on clearance on Ko-Fi because I want to make more room for these new minicomics. (If you’re interested, get them before they’re gone forever!)
Here’s hoping I can still make these goals by the end of the year!
How are your goals going? Let me know in the comments.
Thank you for reading!
You. Are. Awesome.