The previous blog post was a bit of an angst-fest, and I thought to myself, “That’s no way to leave off a blog before Christmas!”
So I want to talk about some things I’m grateful for this past year, and mention some plans I have for next year.
Let’s start with gratitude. I am grateful for…
- My time out in Arizona. (More appreciation posts here and here.)
- Phoenix Comicon, their gracious hosts, the hotels, and the badass people I met.
- The time I spent and friends I made at Intervention Con.
- The love and support I received from coming out as genderqueer.
- The Apache Junction Public Library having me for their Free Comic Book Day celebration.
- Tony Packo’s hosting my friend Chloe and myself for the Toledo Art Walk.
- My life post-college so far.
- The Women Warriors Project, what it means to me and what it has given me and many readers.
- Comics gaining more legitimacy as literature.
- Conversations about the necessity of diverse comics and stories.
- Watch Play Read, Comic Book Resources, and Land of the Nerds for interviewing myself and Christian for Validation.
- Zines and Mini-Comics.
- Studio Synergy for having me as a guest.
- Prismacolor ink pens. (My goodness they are lovely)
- All the backers for Seeing Him on KickStarter (even though it failed).
- Seeing old friends and meeting cool people at Youmacon.
- The reviews people wrote for Validation at Comic Vine, Pink Dollar Comics, and Comics Beat.
- My family and friends.
- And YOU!
Seriously, you, dear reader, are awesome. Thanks. :D
I have a lot of plans in store for next year, including more comics, more art, and more blog posts. Expect more mini-comics! Expect the return of Seeing Him!
And sometime, at some point, one of my comics will come to a close. I don’t want to say which one yet, because it’s a surprise.
I’ll talk more about my goals for next year soon.
Until then, have a Merry Christmas!
Also Happy Hannukah, Kickin’ Kwanzaa, Merry Winter Solstice, and have a Festivus for the rest of us.
So what are you grateful for? What did you get for Christmas? Let me know in comments!
Thank you for reading, and I’ll see you on Friday.