I finally have internet back in my apartment! It’s not the best, but it’ll do.
In the meantime, I just heard back from the editor: IF-X, the anthology I contributed art to, is now off the printer! I’m ordering my copies soon for you guys to buy! Prices will be posted soon.
Here, though, is a four-page preview of the comic I contributed to the anthology. It’s called “Brody and Lisa,” and it’s a mini-romantic-comedy about a girl who discovers her boyfriend is a werewolf, while keeping a secret of her own…
To see the pages, just click, and they’ll expand to the screen.
Oooh, snap! What will happen next? Well once I get the books in, you can order one yourself and find out.
I’ve also been sketching up some new characters. One of them, Auxaton, just popped in my head, inspired by a dream I had a few days ago. The other one is part of a new challenge I’m embarking on. I’m calling it my Daily Character Challenge.
Yes, there are tons of daily character challenges out there, including the official one at 30characters.com. But I’m doing this challenge for me, because:
- For some strange reason, I love imposing challenges on myself.
- Creating characters has lately been a stalling point for me, and I would like to get back into the swing of things.
- Composition is another weak point of mine, I feel, and I would like to practice it.
- Two words: Copic. Markers. THEY MUST BE PLAYED WITH.
- In creating new characters, I would like to try a few new styles and see what works and what doesn’t.